Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Weekend Meanderings

This past weekend was not spent on much sewing or knitting.  I'm sorta in the middle of project there right now.  But instead I worked on my other "creative" side and stained my sons new toy box.  This was a great experience for me.  It's still not quite done, I want to stain the inside as well,  but with drying times (6 hours!), I couldn't get two coats on the outside and stain the inside all this weekend.  Perhaps we will have some nice weather this week for me to finish it up.  Here's a picture of the toy box for my son.  It comes in all sorts of finishing and colors, but we decided we wanted an unfinished one so we could make the stain match our furniture.  Not to mention it makes the chest just a little more special and meaningful to us. 

What fun activities did you encounter this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...