Friday, February 3, 2012

A Week without Blogging

Photo from here
For my regular readers, my greatest apologies for my absence this week.  There has been much going on behind the scenes this week.  I'm hoping to put together a plan to share with you all soon, but until then you'll have to wait and see. 

In the meantime, this week I decided to try something new.  I am really learning to crochet.  I've known a stitch or two for some time, but really have never sat down to learn.  So this week I have been spending my evenings struggling with the chain stitch (that first row is always a bear!) and trying to understand the half double stitch.  My first project is going to be a dish cloth, it may take me some time, but I'll get there I'm sure.

I know I have a few crocheters out there, any tips and tricks for a newbie who's pretty good at the whole knitting thing already?  I am going to try to photograph my progress, but we'll see how it looks as I progress if I actually post it.  The product may just be too painful to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...