Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Looking Forward to My Lastest Project

Nap Blanket Available for Sale
So this one won't be going into the shop, but I'm excited about it all the same.  My son has not one, not two, but three of his four 2 year molars working their way in right now!  This is reeking havoc on his normal demeanor.  As a result, we are currently having lots of potty accidents, especially at nap time at school.  I feel so bad for him and like any mom I just want to take the pain away from him, but alas it is just part of the growing process that he needs to get through.  That being said, my husband and I are getting tired of the nightly laundry we have to do because he is wetting his only nap daily at the moment.  I don't think our hampers have been this empty continuously, well, ever.  So this weekend, I'm taking my son to the local fabric store (he loves to go shopping with me) and letting him pick out the fabric for a new nap blanket.  My guess if there is a Disney Cars fabric there that will be the choice.  It might be a little more expensive than what I normally would pay for fabric especially since I can find some manufactured nap blankets for what seems like pennies.  I don't know about you, but there is something to be said about a blanket made for you by mommy.  Not to mention some of those manufactured blankets end up looking pretty ragged pretty quickly, at least in my opinion.

My nap blanket design has changed since I first made my son's almost 2 years ago now.  I've sold many of the blankets to his fellow classmates, most of them personalized to the particular child.  The ones the school sells are just solid colors whereas I've made fairy princesses, flowers, all sorts of fun prints.  Much more fun, if you ask me! 

Maybe while we are there we will start thinking about Halloween costumes.  Is it really that time of year already?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...