Monday, March 11, 2013

Accounting System Update

By far, one of my most popular posts is my accounting system description series.  It's always good to see others really getting something out of my uber nerdiness.  I've been playing around with it a little of late.  Mostly in the fact that it drives me batty that I am tied to a specific computer in order to use it.  I'm a girl of the 21st century.  If I can't somehow get to my documents no matter where I am or what system I'm on I have issues.  Between smart phones, tablets, laptops, work computers, personal computers there are so many systems we use on a daily basis, I always find comfort in having at least a few things in my life centralized and smooth.  Cloud documents is one of them.  This is probably why I'm such a huge fan of Google; not to mention their open source philosophy is right up this nerdette's ally.

If you recall in my original posting, I created my super cool accounting system, linking pages with all sorts of cool functionality together.  I had to do this in Microsoft Excel in order to get the functions to work.  Well come to find out that sometime in the last 2 years Google has done it again and implemented the needed functions in their Google Docs package.  Woot! Woot!  Let me tell you how excited I was to find this out.  If I could do a back flip I would, but alas I can't so I just did my happy dance. 

I'm still doing a dual accounting in Excel for another month or two just to make sure nothing surprises me, but so far so good.  I cannot begin to tell you how this makes my life easier.  Now when I'm out and about picking the kids up a daycare and I get asked, do you have X in stock or how much is Y, I can just pull it up on my phone and take a quick glance. 

I know I may be alone in this excitement, but I wanted to share this update with you in case it helps you as well.  Not to mention, it's been a while since I've posted anything to help my fellow small business owners out there.  It's been all about my activity of late.  Today, I wanted to give back and share with you!

Have you found and new tips and tricks worth sharing recently?  Bring them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...