Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Plarn Plarn Plarn Everywhere

The idea of plarn bags is catching on with circles I'm in, mostly due to people seeing my bag of course.  I usually use it mostly for pool and beach activities so it's exposure has been limited to those venues. 

Over the past 3 months I've began training for my first 5K in hopes of potentially becoming some kind of a runner.  This is a completely new adventure for me and has been surprisingly easy to get to the point where I am today.  Most of my hang ups over the years have been to knee problems and then fear of screwing up the then surgically reconstructed knee.  But I digress...

I have a run date every Wednesday with a friend near our daycare.  On the rare occasion that my girlfriend can't make it, or I decide to do a run just before I pick up the children, I stop in school, change and leave my "running bag" (plarn bag of course!) in the principal's office while I run.  I can't tell you the number of comments I get on the bag when I'm there.  People are amazed that it's made out of grocery store bags and that I've made it.  So much so that I'm contemplating creating a grocery bag recycling box there to collect new bags. 

With all this new interest I've been working very hard on the two I'm already working on.  The base of the all target one just about done thanks to my recent shopping trips.  The other bag is probably 4 or 5 ins in height now, so not quite there yet in terms of being proportional to the base, but soon!  I can't wait to share the finish products with you!

Now if only my cousin lived closer I could get her to practice her photography on my products!  You should check out her 30 Photography Challenge that she's doing right now.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to be able to help you out! We each have our hobbies and creative outlets--I'd never have the patience for sewing or knitting.

    I still think that "plarn" is a very funny word.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...