Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Online Fabric Purchase Review

I got a custom order request about a week and a half ago.  I was uber excited about and sent the customer a few image swatches for their approval.  They loved my idea so I placed my first order to Fabric.com.  I ordered some extra fabric for some new projects to get to the $35 minimum order for free shipping.  I'm a touchy feely person when it comes to purchasing my fabric.  I like to reach out and touch it so this was a tough purchase for me, especially since the description and organization of their fabric was not what I was used to. 

I was excited when I placed the order because they say on their website how they ship orders within 48 hours.  Well apparently this isn't always the case.  I placed my order last Wednesday and it just shipped out yesterday.  I never even got an email from the company telling me my order would be delayed, until I called about it on Monday.  Strike one.

By the time they got to filling my order one of my fabrics was out of stock.  It was a monkey fabric that I wasn't sure about anyways and they still honored my free shipping so that's OK I guess.  One up.

The fabric is due to come in tomorrow via UPS so I'll be sure to keep you posted on what I think of the fabric.  It will just be a lot of work to get done in a short amount of time.  I did find their prices reasonable and their selection is large I will just need to learn their terminology and how the fabric is organized. 

Look for my final review and some images of fabric swatches soon.  If all goes well, I may place another order with them, right now the jury is still out. 

Has anyone used Fabric.com previously?  What has your experience been?  What are other sources you have used to purchase fabric?


2 comments:

  1. I've never used fabric.com.

    I have bought from Julie at Intrepid Thread (she's on etsy). The shipping was darn near IMMEDIATE. Love her! If I want something she doesn't have in, I'll probably use Fat Quarter Shop.

    (Stopping by from the etsy blog team! Hope you'll come enter my current giveaway for a make up pouch!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like touching and feeling my fabrics, and your experience does not inspire me to order online. Never having done so. Hope your fabric arrives soon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...