Wednesday, February 27, 2013


My youngest is sick, yet again.  This time he is "kicked" out of daycare until he gets better, stupid rules and regulations that they have to follow.  Since I've been home, I've been able to get some work done on the website, photo editing, and yes, even some sewing.  My chenille blanket is almost complete.  I have about 30 more rows to sew.  Then comes squaring the blanket up and adding some satin blanket binding. 

I took a few pictures this morning of my progress since I've been asked on several occasions how the blanket is progressing.

The first picture is of my general row stitching on the bottom of the blanket.  My stitching has gotten a lot better as I've progressed.  I think more so to the technique I used marker where I am supposed to sew and developed in the process.  My first few rows were not as straight as I would like them to be.  This project has been a large practice in keeping a steady hand if nothing else. 

The second picture is of some of the rows I've already cut.  Now that I'm on the home stretch, I'm starting to cut and sew as I go, so this is just a sample of that.  It already looks great and I haven't even washed it yet to let it get softer.

Finally, the last picture is of the top with the Disney Cars theme that my oldest son is really into right now.  I like that the stitched rows are subtle so the fabric can really shine. 

I'm so close to being done, I can taste it.  Now to get the dog off the blanket so I can continue working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...