Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Feeling Productive

As I mentioned earlier this week, my son is currently spending the week with his grandparents.  He's having a complete blast.  He's been sailing, swimming, and to museums.  And that's just since Monday!  Today he starts his drive to meet us at the beach on Saturday with a stop to visit some family friends on the way.  God bless my parents for the time they are able to spend with him. 

This is literally the first time that I've been away from my son for this long of time.  Last summer I was still nursing, albeit occasionally, so it was hard to be away for long periods of time.  My husband and I are trying to take advantage of all the extra time on our hands.  I've been getting into work earlier so I can leave earlier, reading, relaxing, and trying to spend some quality time with my husband.
Farm Animal Burp Cloths

Yesterday I took advantage of the free time to spend some extra time sewing while my husband went to the gym.  While he was there I was able to do the first step of sewing five burp cloths.  These burp cloths are very similar to these that I currently have for sale in my shop.  Instead of farm animals they are zoo animals, and are light yellow with a pale yellow terry cloth backing to soak up those spills.  Super cute in my humble opinion.  Tonight I plan to finish the top stitching.  I might even go a little crazy and post them for sale soon, who knows!

I know this extra productive time is going to be short lived, but I'm going to try to enjoy it while it lasts.  Up next maybe some extra progress on the knitting I was referring to this week as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...