Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Talk to me Tuesdays! - Jewelry by Scotti

Aqua Crystal Earrings
Today we are talking with Scotti Cohn from Jewelry by Scotti.  I must say, her jewelry is pretty remarkable.  I simply love her stuff.  Jewelry is an art that I will always leave to others, but I love to admire it and of course wear it!  Let's here what she has to say. 
 
Stitch Silly: Tell me a little about yourself.
 
Jewelry by Scotti: I am originally from Illinois, but I have also lived in Minnesota and North Carolina, and I now live in South Carolina. I have two grown children and five cats. When I'm not making jewelry, I write children's books and nonfiction books for older children and adults about American history. My favorite color is purple. I play piano and guitar. A few of my favorite things are: music, animals, astrology, iced Chai tea lattes, and going to the beach.

SS: How did you get started with Etsy?
 
JS: Once I started making jewelry, I made far more than I could wear myself or give to family and friends. I knew about Etsy, and it seemed like the perfect place to share my creations.

SS: What is your favorite part of being your own boss?
 
JS: My favorite part of being my own boss is being able to schedule my time however I want to. I don't have to be at a desk in some building somewhere at a certain time every morning. I can work for any amount of time on any day, and I can take time off whenever I want to. 

SS: What are your 2 favorite products in your shop?
Green Lace and Orange Drops Bracelet
 
JS: Two of my favorite products in my shop are my Aqua Crystal Earrings (http://www.etsy.com/listing/76559387/aqua-crystal-earrings) and my Green Lace and Orange Drops Bracelet (http://www.etsy.com/listing/76541078/green-lace-and-orange-drops-bracelet).

SS: What is your greatest success since joining Etsy?
 
JS: I can't point to one thing as my greatest success, but I am very pleased by the positive feedback I have received from customers on Etsy.

SS: What do you most want to improve?
 
JS: I want to improve my jewelry making techniques in all areas, and continue to learn new techniques.

SS: What is your ultimate goal for your Etsy shop?
 
JS: I would like my shop to get as much exposure as possible, and to experience a steady stream of customers.

SS: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
 
JS: It depends on who's doing the licking!

How can others reach you? Facebook? Website? Blog?
Twitter: @scotti_cohn
 
Are you interested in being interviewed by Stitch Silly?  We have opening coming soon, feel free to email me if you are interested.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...