Thursday, January 26, 2012

There's Always Plan B

Photo Courtesy of here
Ok I admit it, when I jumped into this whole owning your own business thing I was pretty clueless.  Over the last year I've learned a lot.  I learned about Etsy, I've heard of Artfire (never really looked into it much, but know a lot of people swear by it), but now that I'm here, I'm enjoying the life. 

Here's the issue, while I think there is a lot of great information out there, I'm coming up lacking on other information.  There is a lot of subjective information, but I'm not seeing a lot of hard numbers to help with analysis of information I'm looking for.  Am I the only one feeling like there is to much subjectivity going on or are there others out there that are looking for more details to figure out their best way forward? 

I know my blog posts have been relatively short and not very focused of late.  Today I'm trying to put focus into what has appeared to be a lack of focus.  As I closed out 2011 I looked over how I wanted to plan out 2012.  I have a clear idea of what I want to discuss, but I've been having issues finding data to back up these thoughts.  I really wanted to focus on all aspects of inventory for January and February, but my research has been less than successful, so I'm going to have to take a new tactic.  I'm going to have to start from the ground up on this one. 

But before I do, I want to know from you my readers, is digging into the nitty gritty of all aspects of inventory really worthwhile for you?  Sure I'll learn something from it so that in itself is helpful, but am I the only one interested in the topic? 

Leave your thoughts.  If I get enough responses I will start with plan B of inventories.  But I will warn you, since I'm starting from ground zero on this, my blog posting frequency may dwindle a little while I do enough data gathering to warrant enough writing to post a legitimate article.  Are you game?

2 comments:

  1. Count me in. I definitely need to know more about inventories--both from a shop perspective, and from a tax perspective (cost of goods sold, etc.).

    LeAnn aka pasqueflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeAnn, I hadn't even thought of analyzing your inventory from a tax perspective. I was so hung up on looking at it from a shop perspective and saddened by the lack of information available to me. More to research now. Thank so much!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...