Last week I mentioned to keep your eyes out for a new crib sheet. Well there won't be a new crib sheet for a while. When I went to confirm fit and to photograph my latest product I found out that I had made my seems too big and the sheet wouldn't fit! I was so upset. I sat down and starting to try to fix it. In the process, I ripped a huge hole in the corner of the crib sheet. Not exactly the best place to get a whole.
After pouting for a few minutes I quickly jumped up to look in my scrap fabric collection. I managed to figure out that I had enough fabric to make a patchwork boppy cover. One side is going to be about 7in squares of another fabric I have left over and the other side will be some fabric from my lost crib sheet. This is my first patchwork attempt so I hope it turns out OK. The past few mornings before heading into the office I have been carefully cutting down the fabric and pinning the patchwork together. I have a few more pins to do then I will sew the patchwork together. Next, I will cut out the pattern for both the patchwork side and the solid side. Then, I hope, it's just like any other boppy cover that I've made.
Fingers crossed I will have this ready for the weekend!
In other news, in case you live under a rock, here in the Washington, DC metro area we had quite an event yesterday. A 5.9 earthquake rocked the region, reaching down to Charleston and up to Rhode Island and as far west as Chicago. It was quite a surprise, especially since earthquakes are not common here on the east coast. I hope everyone is OK, here as Stitch Silly, we are going on as if nothing happened!