Monday, August 29, 2011

We Survived!

This weekend we had a visit from Hurricane Irene.  Personally I couldn't stop singing the song, "Come on Eileen" the whole time (substituting Eileen with Irene, of course).  The Washington metro didn't end up getting hit to bad, just a bad rain storm really for us.   

I was able to get to Jo Ann Fabrics to get some new supplies for some up coming projects and to finish a few that I haven't been able to get to yet.  I was also able to photograph my latest product, a new crib sheet.  Yes, this one fits too!  I forgot my memory card so I'll have to upload it tonight.  I made some great progress on my boppy cover as well even though my son didn't want to sleep much on Saturday.  Keep your eyes peeled for the boppy to come out this week some time!

Those of you on the East coast, how did you fair in the storm?

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least you found some normalcy during the storm:) I have a couple of friends who live in Brooklyn that had to evacuate and went to stay with some friends in PA. They said they think it wasn't too bad, but better safe than sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better to be prepared, than not! So glad it was "only" a bad rain storm - but memories of North American rain storms (in Western Canada, admittedly) seem to conjure up torrential downpours, lots of lightening and not much thunder! I've always preferred more thunder and less lightening myself!

    Hope you don't get another scare like Irene!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...