Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Talk to me Tuesdays! - Portraits and Projects

Today we are featuring Portraits and Projects from Etsy.  This lady has some talent!  I consider myself artistic, but am pretty much incapable of drawing sketches.  Not so much for today's featured artist.  Let's hear her story.


Stitch Silly: Tell me a little bit about yourself.

Portraits and Projects: I LOVE to draw! I've had a passion for it since I was very little. At the age of 2, my mom would catch me drawing on my walls during what was supposed to be "nap time". I guess that's where it all started. I started doing portrait commissions right out of high-school (I enjoyed that very much). The only formal training I've had was a correspondence course through the Minneapolis School of Art. I just got married this past April, and am experiencing the joys of being a "newlywed". My other hobbies include- photography, baking/cooking, and playing the piano.

SS: How did you get started with Etsy?

PaP: I actually opened a shop a few years back. I did a lot of research and reading, promoting, etc., but nothing really happened, so I closed up shop. My husband recently encouraged me to re-open a new shop, and so the beginning of Portraits And Projects began. I have only been open for a couple of months, so I'm still getting used to everything. I have made a sale, though (to Australia, none-the-less)! That was very exciting :)

SS: What is your favorite part of being your own boss?

PaP: I can make my own schedule and do things in my own time. I am a pretty organized and driven individual, so things always get done.

SS: What are your 2 favorite products in your shop?

PaP: I'd have to say the Audrey Hepburn drawing, and the engagement/bridal portrait commission

SS: What is your greatest success since joining Etsy?

PaP: As I said, I am still fairly new. My greatest success was that first sale to Australia! I sold an original drawing of Frank Sinatra.

SS: What do you most want to improve?

PaP: My promotion and sales.. I could use a lot more of both!

SS: What is your ultimate goal for your Etsy shop?

PaP: To get my name out there, and to make sales!

SS: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

PaP: one, two, three… three according to Mr. Owl :)

Do yo want to see more of Portraits and Projects?   Stop over and see them on:
Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/portraitsandprojects
Their Blog: www.portraitsandprojects.blogspot.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/portraitsandprojects

Are you interested in being featured on Stitch Silly?  Please contact us directly and we can coordinate an interview.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...