Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Talk to Me Tuesdays! - LuLu Lux Designs

Today we are interviewing LuLu Lux Designs.  She makes some beautiful jewelry with some very unique ideas.  I can't wait to see what she has to say, so let's get started shall we?

Stitch Silly: How did you get started with Etsy?

Lulu Lux Designs: I was making jewelry for family and friends for years prior to opening a shop on Etsy, and one day, one of my Mother's coworkers told her how beautiful she thought my line was and that it would fit in well with Etsy. That night, I checked it out and fell in love instantly!

SS:What is your favorite part of being your own boss?

LLD:My favorite part of being my own boss is setting my own hours, so I can spend quality time with my son! I love what I do as a Jewelry Designer, but my time with my son is my number one priority and I am happy and grateful that I have the ability to be my own boss.  

SS:What are your 2 favorite products in yous shop?

LLD: My silk wrap bracelets are my number one favorite! I love, love the look and uniqueness of them and the fact that you are not going to see these everywhere because they are truly unique pieces. My close second favorite would be one of my pearl and chain mix necklaces! I love the look of them and they can be worn with any outfit!  

SS: What is your greatest success since joining Etsy?  

LLD: For me, it would be all the love and "favorites" that I have received. I can not begin to tell you how great of a feeling it is to have not only fellow jewelry designers and crafters love your work, but also customers and everyday people. Seeing how much others love your work, really puts a pep in your step! Having others enjoy and love my work is a greater success to me than millions of sales.  

SS: What do you most want to improve?  

LLD: Photos! Pictures are such a big thing when it comes to purchasing online, and I feel as though some pictures do not do the item justice. 

SS:What is your ultimate goal for your Etsy shop?

LLD: My ultimate goal for my Etsy Shop would be to be gain exposure, and hopefully one day expand and see my items hanging in Brick and Mortar stores. It has always been a dream of mine to see items I have hand made, in retail stores or even better, worn on happy customers. 

SS: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

LLD: If I'm eating it, 3. I always want to get to the good stuff right away, but I know good and yummy things take time.


Want to see more products by Lulu Lux Designs?  You can find her at:  www.etsy.com/shop/lululuxdesigns

Would you like to be featured on Stitch Silly?  Contact us for an interview. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...