Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Talk to me Tuesdays! - Ilzes Creations

Today we are featuring Ilze's Creations.  I just love her felt flowers, especially the spikey ones.  I'm really enjoying these interviews, I'm learning so much about my fellow Etsians and getting some great ideas for future blog posts.  Let's see what Ilze's Creations has to say today.


Stitch Silly: Tell me a little about yourself.

Ilzes Creations: My name is Ilze. I live in Latvia. With years I learned and improved different crafting techniques. For now as last I learned felting and I really like it because felting is very multi functional. I'm offering felt flower brooches, felt hair accessories, iphone cases, felt bead necklaces, crochet hats and other felt, crochet and knitted accessories.

SS: How did you get started with Etsy?

IC:  I was inspired to join Etsy after I created shop banners for people that I know in real life.

SS:  What is your favorite part of being your own boss?

IC:  I am handmade artist myself and I tray to support other people who are making crafts with they own hands, because it is important for people to support each other even in small things. Handmade items have so much more value than manufactured items. With "value" I mean soul. Behind each handmade item is real person with his/her story, hopes and dreams. I personally don't feel need for expensive, brand items, or something that is in style now. I search for something that I would personally like to wear, to think and to do!
Felted iPhone Case

SS:  What are your 2 favorite products in yous shop?

IC: I love this black felt iphone case with white daisy. It is quite usefull item, because it keeps phone safe from scratches and also looks good!  http://www.etsy.com/listing/76419406/felt-case-in-black-color-with-white


Also I love felt flower brooch accessories, because they can change and make more expressive any clothing, but because of color and many different usability I especially like this bright pink felt rose. It is great not only because it is pink, but also it can be worn as different accessory - necklace, hair accessory or even just tied to bag.  http://www.etsy.com/listing/75440288/felt-flower-felted-pink-rose-hair

SS:  What is your greatest success since joining Etsy?

IC:  My greatest success is that I have become more free in communication with other people over internet. Foreign language barrier always scared me, I want to pass my thoughts and ideas to others in most understandable way.

SS:  What do you most want to improve?

IC:  I want to improve my artist skills. I want to paint again. Painting is quite long process, there for I hesitate to start it again, but it is great way how to learn to feel the colors and they combinations, also it teaches composition and how to pass mood and atmosphere.


SS: What is your ultimate goal for your Etsy shop?

Felt Flower Accessory
IC:  My goal is to make more beautiful felt and crochet items for my Etsy shop!

SS:  How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

IC:  Some will get tired and drop it even they didn't reach the middle! Others will do it very long, with small portions! Some may stick it in mouth and wont let go no matter what! Maybe someone will get huge rock, drop it on totsie pop just breaking it and in that way will get till middle sooner than others! Doesn't matter how how you do it, but do it in your own original way and even it is an art to drop that totsie pop with your own style!

So you want to see more great things from Ilzes Creations?  Stop by their shop sites.
Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ilzescreations/
Blog:  http://ilzescreations.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...